Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Indiespensable (Vol. 2) Shipment Arrived


My first Indiespensable shipment (which happens to be Volume 2 of the subscription) arrived today from Powell's. To learn more about this subscription program, see my prior post on the topic.

In addition to a beautiful, signed special edition of Mudbound by Hillary Jordan(my copy is numbered 300 out of 350), my Indiespensable shipment included the first DVD in the "Out of the Book" series. The series is described at Powells.com as:

A groundbreaking series of compelling short films about authors. Out of the Book films deliver engaging portraits of writers and their work. More expansive than traditional readings, the project aims to generate spirited discussion about great new books and their impact on readers' lives.
Volume One of the series--the one I received--focuses on Ian McEwan's On Chesil Beach. It looks like the reviews for this DVD are pretty good. I'll post my own review once I've had a chance to watch it. I've read the book already (and enjoyed it), so that should be a good point of reference.
If you are interested in signing up for an Indiespensable subscription, I recommend you do so before the next title is announced by visiting Powell's. The first two volumes sold out mere hours after the titles were announced.

No comments: