Friday, July 17, 2009

Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters

After the successful release of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, Philadelphia-based publisher Quirk Books is following up with more of the same. Publishers Weekly reports that Quirk’s next project will be Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters, scheduled for publication on September 15th. The concept: “the Dashwood sisters, evicted from their childhood home by their conniving stepmother, land on a mysterious island full of man-eating sea creatures, instead of a nearby, downgraded, English cottage.” S&S&S will be even further from the Jane Austen classic than P&P&Z was. While P&P&Z retained 85% of Austen’s writing, S&S&S will retain only 60%.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I'm not sure why, but neither of these books interest me.

Lisa said...

Can't these people please stop picking on my beloved Jane?

Zibilee said...

I think these books are a hoot and really want to get my hands on copies. Mostly for the curiosity factor, but also because I think they would make a great conversation piece.