Monday, August 3, 2009

I Got Lucky

I recently ordered a hardcover copy of Marilynne Robinson's Home for my personal library. I paid $16.50 for it from Amazon. When the book arrived, I discovered it's the first printing of the first edition, not exactly what I was expecting for a year-old book that was a finalist for the 2008 National Book Award and the winner of the 2009 Orange Prize. I was even more surprised to fine the author's original signature on the title page! I can't figure out how it happened, but I feel pretty lucky. Signed, first editions of Home are going for about $50 these days, not counting shipping.

3 comments:

bermudaonion said...

Wow! Congratulations on your lucky find!

Lisa said...

What a coup! And what a great book to get so lucky with.

zibilee said...

Awesome!