Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Death of the LA Times Book Review

Yes, it's true. There will be no more LA Times Book Review.

I share Scott Esposito's incredulity, which is nicely described over at Conversational Reading. Here is an excerpt:
Forgive me as I pause for a moment to wipe the stupefaction off my face. The LATBR is going to go away?! Yes, I knew there have long been plans to rob the LA Times's book section of as much dignity and review space as possible, but I never realized that the Los Angeles Times, quite possibly the nation's second leading newspaper, had decided that a book review was a trifle it need not bother itself with.

This is truly a moment that I think I will remember.

Me too.

1 comment:

Marie Cloutier said...

i nominated you for an award! go to my blog to see! :-)