Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Copy of The Savage Detectives is in Wyoming

This isn't the kind of post I generally like to do. It's self-indulgent and not at all useful to anyone. So, unless you have a lot of free time on your hands, you should probably just move on to the next thing you want to be reading.

For those of you sticking around, I have to complain about the fact that my copy of The Savage Detectives is stuck somewhere in Wyoming. Here's what happened. I had a business trip planned for earlier this week to Wyoming. Due to a strange set of circumstances, the trip was cancelled at the very last minute for me but not for my luggage, which was forced to complete my flight itinerary. Luggage being not all that intelligent, my bag didn't manage to get itself back on a plane to Houston. This means that my copy of The Savage Detectives is stuck somewhere between Houston (where I am) and Casper, Wyoming (where I was supposed to be going). So the sidebar that claims I am "currently reading" The Savage Detectives is pretty much a lie at the moment. I am hopeful that I will be able to get back into the book once (if?) it makes its way back to Houston.

No comments: